Diagnostic Testing – Why Do We Do These Tests?
These tests are important in determining what infections are present. The results of the tests help direct appropriate medical treatment.
- Skin scraping for mites
- Intradermal skin testing & Immunotherapy – injections or sublingual drops
- Hair examinations for mange and ringworm
- Cultures for bacterial and fungal infections
- Skin biopsies for dermatohistopathology
- Video otoscopy
- Imaging – MRI, x-rays, and ultrasonography performed through Dogwood Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Advanced imaging –
MRI (through Bush Advanced Veterinary Imaging)
X-ray (through Dogwood Veterinary Internal Medicine)
Ultrasound (through Dogwood Veterinary Internal Medicine)